Have you heard of ‘Roblox warning for parents’? Does ‘Roblox’ even ring a bell? Well, even if it doesn’t for you, your child must know a thing or two about this game or might have been playing it day in day out for quite some time. Just as you might’ve been scratching your head, looking for a brief and yet thorough enough Roblox review.
The latest data shows there are now 150 million active players and counting, most of whom are kids aged 5 to 12. And apparently, Roblox has been all the rage for a while now; the real explosion in popularity took place just two years ago.
Forced to sit at home, adjust to distance learning, and learn how to deal with unprecedented stress, many children chose video games as a way to cope. And yet, some parents go as far as to say that this vast online platform turned out to be a lifeline for their kids.
But is it really the case? Is Roblox safe for kids, or are there some hidden dangers parents should be concerned about? First, let’s find out how it works and what makes it so appealing for kids. Read on!
Table Of Contents
What Is Roblox? Why Is It So Popular?
In a nutshell, Roblox is a platform that allows its users, primarily children and young teens, to create online avatars and jump right into the games created by other players. These creators keep churning new games so fast that ordinary game developers can’t keep up with the pace.
These games are open-world, meaning that your child can go wherever they want, with unlimited options on the table. Most of these are just primitive and free copycats of other games kids like so much, such as Animal Crossing or Fortnite.
What makes more and more children like Roblox this much? Well, there they can:
- Create their games from scratch and let their imagination run as wild as possible, building custom worlds inside Roblox’s universe. And they can even learn some coding in the process!
- Chat with their friends, as Roblox has many features typical of social media platforms.
- Customize their online personas, avatars, adding as many details to their character as they want.
- Play new games every day on almost any device you can name.
…almost too good to be true. Is Roblox safe?
Roblox Dangers Parents Should Watch Out For
Sure, there’s no denying that Roblox takes some actions to protect children who use the platform. But why aren’t they enough to protect your child?
- New games pop up every minute, so there’s no way to prevent your child from stumbling across some very offensive, inappropriate Roblox games. Running into inappropriate content, such as games with drugs, mass shootings, or indecency at least once in a while, is a given.
- Robux, the in-game currency, presents another headache for concerned parents. Children run the risk of either being ‘cheated out’ of their money when it comes to content creation, monetization, or simply making in-app purchases using Robux.
- Apart from money-related issues, there’s still far too much abuse going around that moderators can’t keep up with. Harassment and predators preying on young children are still issues that haven’t yet been solved. Whatever the filters you may set, some online predators might still find a way to target your child.
Then how safe is Roblox? Is Roblox safe for 10-year-olds? Probably not!
How Can You Protect Your Child on Roblox?
There are chat filters in the game itself, blocking some inappropriate content. Roblox is putting at least some effort into hiding kids’ personal data as well. It also allows parents to set a PIN to prevent children from changing any parental controls in the game. And, finally, they’ve just introduced an age-verification tool as well.
Although there’s no such thing as a Roblox age limit, accounts of kids younger than 13 get much stricter settings by default. What additional measures can you take as a parent?
You should also have a proper conversation with your child and explain all the dangers we’ve just mentioned. Suggest that they ignore suspicious strangers way too eager to chat with them or those players who offer free Robux.
Sure, you can always log in to their account and see almost everything they’ve been doing on the app. Or you can take advantage of some fantastic parental control apps that can dispel at least some of your fears. Think Eyezy.
How Eyezy Can Ease Your Worries
Sure, Eyezy can’t monitor Roblox directly and see everything that happens on the app. However, many parents still can and are using this parental monitoring solution to protect their children online. Eyezy will help you:
- See everything they type and even alert you whenever there’s an inappropriate word used in their browser or a chat. Keystroke Capture will show you everything, even the messages they deleted. You can add terms that have to do with Roblox and always be in the know.
- View messages on their social media and most text messengers. With Social Spotlight, you’ll always know what they’re up to and whether the people they met in the game are breaking the boundaries.
- Check all the media related to the game they have saved on their phone. With Files Finder, all videos and photos will be at your fingertips, such as screenshots from the game or memes that go too far.
What Else You Can Do With Eyezy
Can Eyezy do anything else? You bet! Eyezy positions itself as one of ‘the best parental apps for keeping an eye on your loved ones’ for many reasons, not least because it’s packed with features to the brim. With it, you can also:
- Use Connection Blocker to block their access to sites you don’t want them to visit or even block apps they spend too much time on.
- See their social calendar and know what they’re up to and the people they meet, especially if these are the acquaintances they made on Roblox, thanks to Plans Breaker.
- Have a complete picture of what they’re doing on their device through Screen Recorder.
…and there are plenty of other features we recommend you to check out!
The Bottom Line
Now that you’ve read this article, are you still asking yourself, “Is Roblox safe for my child?”. Well, if you use all the in-app parental control features, keep tabs on what your child’s doing on the app and who they’re chatting with there, you can relax. Just stay involved in what games your child’s playing and their life in general.
With Roblox taking at least some measures to address the existing problems, Eyezy can protect your child online and take that weight off your shoulders. Install Eyezy now, let your kids enjoy Roblox and the digital world safely.